LetterMark Getting Started Guide
- 1 Intalling LetterMark Email
- 2 Using LetterMark Web Enhanced Email
Intalling LetterMark Email
Step 1: Invitation Email
- You will receive an "Invitation" email indicating that you have been added to the LetterMark system and are able to download the LetterMark software to your computer.
- Print this email or write down the license key. You will need this information during installation and will not have Outlook open at the time.
- Click on the link to go to LetterMark.net where you will enter your contact information and download the software.
Step 2: Enter your personal information
- Click on Personal Contact Information to verify it's accuracy or enter the data. Your contact information may have been preloaded - if so, simply verify its accuracy.
- If you need to add or change contact information, click on Save Changes at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, click on cancel.
- This information will appear on your virtual business card and in your Outlook vcard file.
Step 3: Download the Software
- Click LetterMark 5.4.6 or higher, for Outlook XP, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010.
- Choose "Save" when prompted.
- We recommend you save the file to your desktop or write down thelocation of the file for future reference.
- When the download is complete, click on the “Close” button.
- Go back to Outlook and close the application. Did you remember to make a note of your license key? If not, print the invitation email or write down your license key for the installation.
- Double click the Setup icon on your desktop to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install LetterMark on your computer.
- When the installation is complete, start Outlook.
- Once you start Outlook you will see the LetterMark set up dialogue.
- Enter your license key into the appropriate box and click Continue.
- If you do not remember your licensekey, choose ‘No, I will set up my LetterMark software later.’ You will then have the opportunity to complete the set up the next time you start Outlook.
NOTE: If you do not see the LetterMark set up dialogue box when you open Outlook, please Reactivate LetterMark.
- After you enter your license key the software will retrieve yourLetterMark templates and display ascreen that your setup is complete.
- If you do not receive this message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.657.0850 and choose option 2.
Using LetterMark Web Enhanced Email
After installing the LetterMark software, you will continue to compose, reply and forward messages as usual.
- You will not see your template as you compose your email. The LetterMark system adds your template to your email when you send it.
- When replying to or forwarding email from another LetterMark user, the LetterMark software removes the sender’s template and inserts yours.
- When a non-LetterMark user replies to or forwards your email, your template remains with the email.
Once you click send, you will see your email in the LetterMark Email Previewer, framed in your default template. (The first graphical template in your list was selected as the default during the installation.)
From here, you can:
- Change the template from the drop down menu
- Select to have no template applied to this email
- Make the currently selected template your new default
- Print the email
- Re-fresh the graphics in the email
- Hit Send to send the email in the selected template
- Hit Cancel Send and return to editing your email
LetterMark email allows you to change various options to work best with how you send email. To access these options in Outlook XP and 2003, select the Tools menu from Outlook and then Options. To access these options in Outlook 2007 and 2010, select file, options, add-in.
NOTE: If you do not see LetterMark in the Outlook options, please Check Disabled Items List.
Click the LetterMark tab on the Options panel. From here you can:
- Configure your LetterMark software options.
- View the Help files.
- Find out what version of LetterMarkemail you have installed.
Configure LetterMark Software General Tab
- Enable LetterMark templates: Unchecking this box will turn off the LetterMark software without uninstalling.
- Use this template by default: Displays the template that will automatically applied to all outgoing emails unless changed in the LetterMark Previewer.
- Update templates: Retrieves the most recent version of the LetterMark templates and refreshes the LetterMark template graphics.
- Display the LetterMark toolbar on desktop: Checking will apply a toolbar with the LetterMark options to the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Display the LetterMark Email Previewer when sending email: Unchecking will send your email with your default template but bypass the previewer.
- Include LetterMark template when forwarding or replying to email: Unchecking will not apply your templates when forwarding or replying emails.
Configure LetterMark Contact Info Tab
- Refresh Contact Info will retrieve your most recent contact information from the LetterMark database.
- Edit Contact Info will take you to LetterMark.net where you will need to log in using your email address and password provided in the installation email. Once logged in, you will be able to update your personal contact information. If you do not remember your password, there is a link to have it emailed to you.
Configure LetterMark Text Recipients Tab
- Add New allows you to identify certain recipients as text only. These users will be sent a text only email and not the graphical template. You can either add an individual address or a domain such as @xyzcompany.com.
- To remove a recipient, select the email address and click Remove.