What security permissions are required for LetterMark 5.x?
These document provides information regarding the security permissions required to install and run the LetterMark 5.x client.
To install LetterMark 5.x on a computer you will need the following rights:
- Read/Write/Create access to the following registry keys:
- Read/Write/Create access to the installation directory you choose to install LetterMark to.
- The installer requires an account flagged as a system administrator in order to run.
To run LetterMark for normal use, the user will need access to run Microsoft Outlook
- Read/Write access to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LetterMark registry key.
- Read access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook and all its subkeys, specifically HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\LetterMarkAddIn.Connect which is required to load LetterMark as a normal user.
- Read/Write access to the directory referenced in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LetterMark\TemplatePath - ( Default: %APPDATA%\LetterMark )
- Read access to the directory to which LetterMark was installed
- Additional access may be required by Microsoft Outlook.