Information collected by Research Triangle Software, Inc. is used solely for the purpose of providing the LetterMark system functionality to our customers. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to other parties.
All communications with RTS may be logged and stored indefinitely. This applies to communications directly with RTS and does not apply to communications between customers of RTS. Emails sent using the LetterMark service are not sent through the RTS network and as such can not be recorded by RTS.
All communications with RTS servers will be logged and stored indefinitely. This includes but is not limited to web requests and all other communications.
Software requiring activation
- This does not apply to the LetterMark client software
Some RTS software requires activation to unlock features. This activation process requires an activation key provided when you purchased the software and some information about your hardware in order to license the software on your devices. During the activation process the following information about your computer may be sent to and recorded by RTS to facilitate the licenses certification process and facilitate technical support:
- Device drive letter (or mount point)
- Device storage size
- Device make, model and serial number
- Formatted volume serial number
- Formatted volume name
- Formatted volume size
This information may be used to identify your devices when upgrading or reinstalling software. This information may be disclosed in aggregate to third parties. The information provided will have references to personal information removed in order to ensure the information can not be used to associate any device with any particular user.
LetterMark is designed to share information about your company and users, as such the following information details how that information my be disclosed to others.
Live Sample Email
In order to receive a live sample of a LetterMark email, a user enters a name and an email address. The name and email are requested in order to send the sample email and potentially a follow-up email from Research Triangle Software, Inc. with an offer to provide more information. Research Triangle Software, Inc. does not sell, rent or share this information with any other party. The user may contact Research Triangle Software, Inc. at support at rtsz.com to request the removal of the information from the database.
Personal Contact Information
In order to personalize LetterMark email, a user enters contact information (e.g., name, title, business phone number). This information is used to create a v-card file and in some cases create dynamic graphical content for display in the LetterMark email. The personal contact information is used solely to support the functionality of the LetterMark system. Research Triangle Software, Inc. does not sell, rent or share this information with any other party. However, because the service is designed to share this information with the public, all information in your LetterMark profile is considered public information.
LetterMark Client Software
The LetterMark client software communicates with the LetterMark servers regularly to download status and configuration data such as templates. The software must communicate periodically with the LetterMark servers or it will disable itself The client software may communicate the following information RTS during these updates:
- LetterMark version information
- Email client version information
- Authentication information
- Computer hostname
- OS version information
- Information in your profile may be edited from within the LetterMark client or your email client, this information may be sent to RTS in order to store your profile information on the LetterMark system.
LetterMark client debug logs
The LetterMark client contains verbose logging functionality to facilitate debugging of problems in specific user environments. The debugging output may contain information about virtually anything accessible to the user running the software. The LetterMark client software does not automatically send these files to anyone, however they may be accessible to other users on your computer depending on your security settings.
Unless directed by RTS support, debug logging should always be disabled!
- LetterMark support personal may request these files to facilitate technical support services. If requested, these logs should be checked to ensure the information provided in them is not a security concern for your organization. Please do not edit the log files before sending to RTS. If the log files contain sensitive data, contact your RTS support provider to make other arrangements. You should only send LetterMark client debug log files to email@example.com, and only when requested in relation to an existing RTS support ticket. Never send your debug log anywhere or to anyone else.
LetterMark Reporting System
Use of the LetterMark system does not alter or impact the routing of email. The amount of information tracked by the LetterMark Reporting System is significantly less than that tracked by the email service providers used by the sender and receiver of an email message.
We report the following in aggregate:
- The number of times recipients click though to a link on the letterhead or virtual business card.
- The number of times recipients download the senders vcard information.
Receiving LetterMark Emails
Because the LetterMark system is not involved with the transport of the email message itself and does not include any unique identifier of its own in the message, we are NOT able to specifically identify or track the recipients of LetterMark emails, nor view, record, or change the contents of any messages.
RTS will comply with all requests for information as required by law in the State of North Carolina, USA. RTS may at its sole discretion provide information to law enforcement agencies in order to facilitate ongoing investigations.